Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summertime


Summer is finally here, and the temperature in Louisiana is HOT!  I am enjoying my break from school by working on school stuff for the 2012-2013 school year!  There is never really a break for teachers.  We work year round.  Summers are spent getting ready for the next year, and then the whole school year is spent updating as things change.

This summer will be spent getting ready for the new Common Core State Standards (CCSS) that we will be using this year.  I am really excited about these; however, I am very nervous too!  It is difficult to adjust to change, no matter how exciting it is!  I am already trying to get my units in order, working on a new lesson plan template, and learning about the CCSS.  Hopefully, I can stay one step ahead of all the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment